Monday, May 18, 2009

Just the Beginning

I feel as though my 7th graders walk through my door (eager for 90 minutes of FACS) with loaded questions..."What are we doing today?"..."Are we cooking today?"..."Are we actually going to sew today?"

My immediate thoughts are, "Are they expecting me to say that we are doing nothing?"..."Are they just THAT eager?"..."HELLO! It is on the board!"..."Do you really think we cook/sew EVERY class?"

Here comes the REAL answer - "The agenda is on the board for a fun filled class. Right now focus on getting your class binder and begin working on the "Bell Ringer." Shifting their focus.

So what does it mean to have a FUN-FILLED class? Of course there are a ton of activities out there that go right along with the Family and Consumer Science curriculum, but how can I use them or get the most out of each activity? How can I use activities to create structure in the classroom? Well, here is a blog that will track the life of a FACS teacher - as well as some give you some GREAT ideas for the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like It!

Contact Me